Day One Highlights • 2012 ELCA National Youth Gathering
– Buses loaded on time!! Prayer and blessings offered
– Off we go…like a…
– Stop in Fargo for supper (McDonalds, Wendys, or Subway) and to pick up one more student from Trinity in Bismarck.
– Evening stop for a bedtime snack at a truck stop somewhere in South Dakota.
– Attempt made multiple times with great effort to sleep on the bus. Some succeed. Some do not.
– Breakfast in Columbia, Missouri (McDonald’s).
– Spent the day at Six Flags St. Louis. Feels like temperature average near 100 degrees which allowed for many trips down waterslides and hanging out in the wave pool.
– Batman, The Boss, and Ninja rollercoaster conquered by nearly everyone on the trip.
– Maddy Lund & Mike Jacobson like Iced Animal cookies.
– The St. Louis Arch looks pretty at night.
– Next stop, Swamp Tour in New Orleans, Louisiana!
– Keep Pastor Joel Samuelson from House of Prayer in prayer. He was admitted to a hospital early this morning in St. Louis. He hadn’t been feeling well for a few days and continued to get worse. We offer prayer that he is feeling well and on his way home soon.
Check out a little video highlight of the day by clicking here – http://youtu.be/Vk4QtP4ZSl8